If you are looking for ways on how to link or add your paypal to google pay then trust me this guide will solve the problem.
Using PayPal or Google Pay as a digital wallet in order to make your payments online is not a new thing in today’s time. Many of us are using one of these wallets to make our day to day payments but do you know that there are many ways using which you can link or add paypal to google pay.
Before we begin telling you on how to add your paypal to google pay let us first brief you a little about paypal and google pay (also know as GPay).
What is PayPal?
PayPal is a platform which assists you to send and receive money as well as pay and accept payments.
It works through your Credit and Debit cards, which you register with PayPal and then make transactions through your PayPal account.
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay or GPay is the official Digital Wallet by Google. It permits multifaceted transactions, with the ease and security of Google.
How to Add PayPal to Google Pay?
Google Pay and PayPal announced their partnership two years ago.
About a year ago, Google added PayPal to Google Pay, officially extending their collaboration with this digital wallet.
Now the main question which almost every user was asking was how to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal?
Once you add your PayPal account to Google Pay account, it will enable you to use your PayPal balance across all Google platforms, including Google Play, Play Books, YouTube, Gmail, Google Store, Google Photos, etc.
Currently, Google Pay supports PayPal in approximately 25 countries.
To Add or Link PayPal to Google Pay wallet, you can follow the steps given below:
- Install the Google Pay App on your smartphone.
- Open the Google Pay App on your Android or iPhone.
- Tap the ‘cards’ or ‘payments’ tab at the bottom right corner of your screen to open it.
- Tap the ‘plus sign’ or the ‘+’ to add a payment method (in this case, PayPal).
If you cannot see PayPal as a payment method, go to ‘+ Payment Method‘ or ‘Add other Payment Method‘.
After this, you will find PayPal as an option.
- Enter PayPal credentials and log in.
- Tap ‘Next’ and enter your PayPal PIN.
- After the above step, your PayPal account will be linked to your Google Pay account.
- After linking your PayPal Account, set up your top-up amount and enter the credentials of the account from which the said top-up will be charged.
- Tap the ‘Agree and Continue’ button.
- Agree to the Terms and conditions and tap the ‘Continue’ button to finish linking your PayPal to your Google Pay.
Your PayPal is now added to your Google Pay.
You can now easily make payments through PayPal in all services and apps that Google offers, as well as make other custom payments.
How to Change PayPal Settings in Google Pay?
After you are done adding PayPal as a payment option to your Google Pay account, you can find it in the ‘Cards’ tab.
Under this, you can see your recent activity and make wishful changes such as:
- Removing PayPal as a payment option.
- Making PayPal the default payment option.
- Change the accounts in your PayPal account (linked with G-Pay).
Note: If you wish to change/add or remove a specific account from your PayPal, you will have to do this from the PayPal app or website itself.
To change your top-up procedures:
- Open the PayPal app on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Google Pay and disable/enable the automatic top-up option.
How to Transfer Money from Google Pay to PayPal?
Since Google Pay and PayPal are both very different and independent apps, it is not possible to transfer money from Google Pay to PayPal as well as from PayPal to Google Pay in a direct manner.
Sending money to PayPal from Google Pay is not directly possible, but it can be done by setting up a bank account, which is common to both the apps.
- Use your Google Pay account to transfer money to your bank account.
- Use this balance to make payments via your PayPal app.
Through this process, you can send money from Google Pay to PayPal and vice-versa.
How to Pay for Google Play, Youtube and Gmail using PayPal via Google Pay?
You can directly pay through PayPal for Google Play, Youtube and Gmail as they have GPay as a payment option too. PayPal is directly given as an option and you can select it and pay through it.
Benefits of Adding PayPal to Google Pay:
- Ease in payments while shopping: By linking PayPal to Google Pay, you can pay quickly everywhere and anywhere. All you need to do is hold your camera lens to the QR Code of GPay and your work is done. You will be asked to enter your Google PIN and your payment will get through.
- Hassle-Free Payments: You do not have to sign in to your PayPal account and can access it easily through GPay since you have already added paypal to google pay.
- Two-fold Benefit: You can use PayPal to pay in Google stores like Youtube, Google Play, Gmail, etc. which will be enabled only if you use PayPal in Google Pay.
Drawbacks of Linking or Adding PayPal to Google Pay:
- Currently, PayPal is accepted as a method of Google Pay in very few countries.
- You can only pay through PayPal, where PayPal is accepted as a payment method. Just accepting Google Pay would not suffice.
- You cannot send money to your friends or family through PayPal linked to Google Pay.
- The default setting of the transfer of Top-up is also something that sometimes boggles many users.
- Many users also dislike the minimum balance.
Google Play Balance to PayPal
The Google Pay balance, however, can be transferred back to your PayPal account through your bank account.
So, this is how you link your PayPal account to your Google Pay Wallet.
We hope this article by TechUntech has solved your problem and now you know how to link or add your paypal to google pay easily.