Are you facing the isse “Windows 10 undoing changes made to your computer”?
No need to worry as here is the best guide on how to fix this issue.
Microsoft shares frequent windows 10 updates so that the users can take advantage of the impressive user experience and do not face any issues with their systems. But what to do when the actual windows 10 update is facing an error, and we aren’t able to make the changes?
Moreover, every Windows 10 user must have noticed this window saying, “We couldn’t complete the updates undoing changes don’t turn off your computer.” If you have faced such issues frequently, then do follow this post till the end, as here we are going to discuss everything about Windows 10 undoing changes error and how to fix this issue.[su_note note_color=”#63cafd”]Note: None of the below given steps will block windows of your computer.[/su_note]
Must Read: Best Driver Updater Software for Windows 10
Most Common Reasons Behind Windows 10 Undoing Changes Error
Before heading forward with the central section, let us have a look at some of the most common reasons because of which you face the error of undoing changes to your computer during a Windows 10 update.
- The first error you may face is, “We couldn’t complete the updates undoing the changes won’t turn off your computer,” and users may face this issue whenever their Windows 10 update fails to install.
- The next error is “We couldn’t finish installing WIndows 10 updates,” This error usually occurs when the windows system is unable to finish the installation process of update.
- Users can even face “Failure configuring Windows update undoing changes don’t turn off your computer.” In this error, you would notice that the updating process is kept on running in loops, but you would not see it completing or making any progress.
- In some cases, you can even notice error messages like “Windows 10 undoing changes stuck,” and this error occurs when the updates fail, and code issues take place.
Best Steps To Fix Windows 10 Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer?
There are several ways with the help of which you can fix windows ten by undoing changes made to your computer error.
Let us have a look at all those ways:
1. Booting Your Windows 10 In Safe Mode
Before booting your windows 10 in safe mode we will advice you to create a restore point.
- In the first step, you need to click on the Shift and F8 key. With the help of which your system will restart automatically.
- Right after turning on, you will be sent to an advanced startup screen where you can find several options.
- Click on Options and then move to Troubleshoot. Under the Troubleshoot menu, you will find Advanced Options and then click on Startup Settings.
- With these steps’ help, you will reach Enable Safe Mode features, you need to click on it.
Also See: Best Duplicate File Finder and Remover For Windows 10
2. Deleting The Latest Updates or Changes Made To Your PC
If you are running your Windows into Safe Mode, you would have to delete the latest updates of your system’s changes. As this method is only going to help you never to face the same issue again.
Here is the list of steps with the help of which you can delete the latest updates:
- Firstly move to the Control Panel of your Windows 10 system and Click on the Programs and Features menu.
- Now, you need to select View installed updates.
- Within a few seconds, you would check the list of all Windows updates installed till now. From the list, pick up the latest update installed and uninstall that by right-clicking on it.
- Right after that, you can restart your system with the help of normal mode.
3. Running Windows Development & Service Management System
DISM is known as Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management, which is a tool that helps in solving several Windows related issues.
Here is the list of steps with the help of which you can use DISM to solve the Windows 10 undoing changes issue:
- Under the command prompt, you need to type the command: DISM/exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth to run DISM.
- Right after that, you need to wait for the command prompt to complete the program.
- Hence at last close the command prompt. With the help of which you can easily fix the incomplete updates error.
Your system restore will be done once the above steps are executed.
4. SFC Scan Can Help In Undoing Changes Made To Your Computer
Whenever you face any such Windows 10 undoing changes error on your system, you can use an SFC scan.
If you want to run the SFC scan in your Windows 10 system, here are the list of steps:
- Firstly you need to open Command Prompt but make sure to run it as administrator.
- Type SFC /scannow in CMD and press enter.
- Once you have pressed Enter, the SFC scan will start automatically, and this process will take a few minutes.
- With the help of this scanning process, you would be able to fix all your corrupt system files.
- Finally, after the successful completion of the scan, you need to restart your system, and your issue will be solved entirely.
5. Using Windows Update Troubleshooter
With Windows 10, you would be able to take advantage of Windows update troubleshooter. So, whenever you face the issue of Windows 10 undoing changes made to your computer, you can use this in-built application.
Let us have a look at the steps to use it:
- In the first step, you need to open Windows Settings and move to the Troubleshoot section from Update & Security menu.
- You need to run the troubleshooter.
- You will be provided with all the on-screen instructions. Once the process is done, you need to click on the finish.
- You can restart your computer.
6. Make Changes in Windows Automatic Updates
If your Windows 10 is not automatically updating itself, you would be able to reduce the chances of facing this error “Windows 10 undoing changes”. After such changes, you will be updating your system on your own when the system is ready for that.
- In the first step, you need to open Windows Settings.
- Under Windows Settings, you need to check out the Network & Internet section and open it.
- From the Status, menu clicks on Change connection properties.
- Then you need to turn on the metered connection option.
7. Software Distribution Folder Naming
Our Windows 10 update files are stored in a specific folder which is known as softwaredistribution folder. So if we face an error of undoing changes made to your computer, you can make changes in the software distribution folder that will develop everything from a new end.
Here is the list of steps you need to follow
- Firstly you need to open the command prompt and run it as an administrator.
- Under the command prompt, you need to write.
- Net stop wuauserv
- net stop bits
- Rename c:windowsSoftwareDistribution
- Net start wuauserv
- Net start bits
- Right after making successful changes, you need to try updating your Windows 10 system.
Here we have come to the end of this post in which we figured out one of the most faced errors, which is Windows 10 undoing changes. In this post, we had a look at several ways with the help of which you can quickly solve this issue. If you are also facing this issue, you would surely be able to get rid of it with our article and tips.
Must Read Articles:
Best Rainmeter Skins You Can Download For Windows 10
Best IPTV Players For Windows 10