You all might be aware about the delete message feature of whatsapp which allows a user to delete an already sent message within 1 hour. If deleted within 1 hour then the user to whom you sent that message will not be able to read it. This feature can be used to delete messages in both single chats as well in group chats.
Once you delete a sent message, the message will be deleted but a message displaying “This Message Was Deleted” will be left on the user’s screen indicating that the person who sent you the message deleted it.
But, what if the user wants to read that deleted message and want to know what was text of that deleted message.
Now you must be thinking that how can he see a deleted message. Right???
Well don’t worry. This is possible.
There are many ways to see and read deleted messages on whatsapp in an easy manner and in this article we will be telling you about those ways in detail.
Whatsapp, as we all know is one of the most popular messaging service app in the world. The app is not only used by younger generation but even old people prefer using whatsapp.
Whatsapp is used not only to send text messages to a person but using this app you can even send pictures, videos, audio files along with text messages. Business owners use whatsapp to send word documents, PPT, PDF files and many more to grow their business easily.
The app has many amazing feature and among these one such amazing feature is deleting a message so that a user can’t read what was sent to him in the chat.
When this feature was introduced there were mixed reactions but at the end people welcomed this decision and to be honest this is a great feature as humans while typing can create typo errors which they were not able to delete earlier but now if any mistake is made in typing then an individual can delete that mistake in just 1 click.
So as already said that whenever someone deletes a message in whatsapp chat it leaves phrase stating “This message was deleted” on the recipient’s whatsapp screen and you know how frustrating it is not being able to read that deleted message.
But no need to worry as now we are going to tell you the ways using which you can easily read those deleted messages and can know what was the text of those deleted messages which was/were deleted by the person whom you were talking to.
Since we are living in a world full of advanced technologies, there are many ways to read deleted whatsapp messages and given below are those ways.
Ways To See and Read Deleted WhatsApp Messages Easily:
The following ways will allow you to see the removed or deleted message from your whatsapp chats quite easily. They are pretty easy to follow.
By Using The Whatsapp Chat Backup Option:
Here is the first and the most used way of how to read already deleted whatsapp messages. You might know that whatsapp always takes a backup of all your chats at 2 AM every night. Also, there are options from which you can select one to decide weather to do the backup on weekly, monthly or daily basis.
Note: In order to read any deleted whatsapp message you need to turn on the whatsapp chat backup option. If not turned on then do it now or else you will not be able to read the deleted messages.
Here are the steps on how to use the whatsapp chat backup option to read deleted messages:
- First, uninstall whatsapp from your android phone and install it again after few minutes.
- Then, enter your same mobile number which you were using before uninstalling whatsapp to retrieve your account and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After this you will be asked whether you want to backup your chats or not. Once you select the daily backup option, all your whatsapp conversations and chats will be restored according to your backup frequency within few minutes.
By following the above given process step by step, you will be able to read all the deleted messages from whatsapp.
Using Apps To Read Deleted Whatsapp Messages:
If you want to see and read deleted messages on whatsapp then another way is by installing 3rd party apps from google play store or from google play store alternatives. There are tons of apps available which can help you in reading deleted messages on whatsapp easily.
Usually, these applications keeps a track of all your whatsapp messages and notifications. Using these tracking history only these apps are able to show you every whatsapp message weather it is deleted or not.
Moreover, you should know that these apps can only keep a record of the messages which you have recently answered or interected with. By interection we mean that if a notification has shown on your phone screen then either you have swiped it or marked it as read from the home screen only.
Also, if you restart your phone after uninstalling these apps, all the previous whatsapp backup and information will be deleted from the notification logs. So, these apps will not be able to keep a record of any of your messages or chats.
There are many apps which can be used to see and read deleted whatsapp messages but of of all we are providing you with the best app and it is : WhatsRemoved+
By following the steps mentioned below, you will be able to see the whatsapp messages which were deleted:
- First, install WhatsRemoved+ app from Google PlayStore. Then start the setup process of the app.
- You must give all the permissions to the app so that it can function correctly.
- Then, you will have to select the applications for which you want to save the notification information and record.
- There you will find whatsapp. After choosing the desired app, click on the “Next” button.
- On the next page, you will find a notification box stating, “yes, save files.” Click Yes on it. After clicking the allow button, you are done with the setup process.
By following the steps mentioned above, you will be able to register and record every notification which is coming on your phone (for the apps seleted by you). These notifications will record every whatsapp message that will come to your phone.
Now, If you want to view any deleted message, you can go to the WhatsRemoved+ app and select WhatsApp to see the messages from the given list.
Reading The Deleted Whatsapp Messages Through Notification Log:
This method was considered to be one of the best method to read all deleted whatsapp messages but now after recent whatsapp updates this method is not working on every android phone. In this method a window of 7 minutes was given to every user using which a user can read any deleted message within given period of 7 minutes. But soon this update was reversed as it was filled with many flaws and errors.
Earlier this method used to work effectively and anyone can access the method using the notification log of their phone.
By following the steps mentioned below, you will be able to use the notification log of your android smartphone to read all whatsapp deleted messages:
- First, you will have to visit the home screen of your android phone.
- Tap and Hold anywhere on your home screen.
- Once the tab is loaded, tap the widget section.
- Then, you will have to choose and place the settings option anywhere on your home screen. You can do this by quickly pressing and tapping on it.
- Once done, you will get a list of different options on your home screen.
- There you will have to select the notification log. You will find that easily in the given list.
- After this click on the notification log icon which is now available on your home screen and select the app for which you want to check the notification logs.
- Select whatsapp from here and done.
- You can now see and read all the deleted whatsapp messages easily.
Isn’t the above given 3 ways are easy?
Yes we know they are quite easy to use and understand. So what are you waiting for? If you are eager to read your deleted whatsapp messages then follow any of the above given way to read those never read messages.
All the steps and ways mentioned in this article are perfect if you want to see and read all your whatsapp deleted messages on your phone.
So, without panicking, try to retrieve the deleted messages by using the information given by team TechUntech in this article.
Drop your views in our comment box.