Do you still download files using browsers?
If yes, then you are missing some huge advantages that download managers can provide. We have to download many things from the internet including images, files, music, videos, movies and much more but we face many hassles while downloading the files.
If you want to enjoy a seamless downloading experience, then you must know about the best download managers for Windows. Right from prioritizing downloads and getting faster speed to automatic checking of antivirus, you can get some amazing benefits.
Different download managers have different features.
You can get them as per your requirement.
Here Is A List of Best Download Managers for Windows PC That Are Worth Installing.
But before that you should definitely have a look at these best SNES emulator for android, mac and windows 10.
Below Mentioned is the List of Best Download Managers for Windows PC
1. JDownloader 2
If you are planning to get a download manager for PC, JDownloader is an ideal choice. It is open-source and free to use the software.
- It enables the user to manage downloads through the start, stop and pause option.
- Multiple files can be downloaded.
- There are more than 300 plugins.
- It is free of cost and does not show many ads.
- JDownloader 2 supports the downloads from some popular websites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- It facilitates full speed as it changes the IP address while downloading.
2. Internet Download Manager
Internet Download Manager also knows as IDM is a popular download manager for Windows 10. It can increase the speed of downloads to almost 5 times. It is paid software but 30-days trial is available. For 1 PC, the price of one-year license is $11.95 and lifetime access is $24.95. Yes, it may look pricey, but worth having.
- It has great integration with the main browsers such as Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
- The interface is user-friendly.
- It provides the benefit of high-speed background downloading.
- Enables you to resume downloading from where it was left.
- Multi-threaded downloading is possible.
- It supports FTP and HTTP protocols, proxy servers, firewalls, cookies, and much more.
- Dynamic file segmentation.
3. Ninja Download Manager
Ninja Download Manager is a simple, elegant and fast download manager. It looks good and functions even better. It increases the download speed by 20 times. The price of this paid software starts from $19.
- It allows you to schedule downloads easily.
- Downloads can be resumed and paused with ease.
- Get to see the preview of downloads.
- Sequential downloading is possible.
- User interface is just beautiful.
4. Free Download Manager
FDM is the best download manager for Windows as it helps in adjusting the traffic usage and organising the downloads. It is a powerful open-source download manager that splits the downloading files and then downloads those different parts at the same time. This makes the process fast for the user.
- It supports torrent files.
- This download manager has a clean and modern user-interface.
- You can expect smart file management and scheduling from this software.
- It resumes broken downloads.
It is the best free download manager that can be easily integrated to major browsers such as Firefox, Chrome, IE and Opera. It is a fully configurable tool.
- It supports FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, MMS and RTSP protocols.
- Multiple language options are available.
- It offers an in-built download scheduler.
- You can set the priority of downloads with the drag and drop feature.
- This download manager for Windows verifies the integrity of files that are downloading.
- User-interface can be customized.
- It works on advanced multi-threaded technology.
Must Read: Best Free Movie Download Sites For You
It is an open-source download manager. With easy integration with all the browsers, this download manager has various downloading options. It is a free and ad-less option.
- Users can add unlimited files for downloading.
- It splits the files to increase the downloading speed.
- It allows users to pause and resume downloads.
- Videos can be downloaded easily from YouTube.
- The best thing about its appearance is how the icons and color scheme adjusts according to the operating system.
- It also has a clipboard manager.
7. Xtreme Download Manager
Xtreme Download Manager is the best download manager if you want to download video content from major platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc. It is an extremely helpful tool if you want to increase the download speed of downloads. It is available for free.
- It uses smart dynamic file segmentation technology that increases the speed up to 5 times.
- You don’t have to enter multiple links in order to download an entire playlist.
- It enables the user to resume or pause downloads.
- Efficient built-in scheduler is also available.
8. iDownload Manager
You can get this download manager from Windows store for free. It gets easily installed by just clicking on the install link. Huge files can be downloaded with this powerful download manager.
- It has an automatic file management system.
- Splitting of files and batch downloading is easy.
- You can also prioritize downloads.
Also Read: Best Torrent Sites To Download Torrent Links
9. Internet Download Accelerator
Three major issues faced while downloading like broken downloads, slow speed and non-management of files can be solved by this popular download manager. You can get the free trial of this software and the paid version is available for $9.95.
- It splits files to increase the speed of downloading.
- Internet Download Accelerator integrates well with all the browsers.
- It supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP servers.
10. FreeRapid Downloader
It is a simple Java downloader with multiple features and supports downloads from file-sharing services such as YouTube, Facebook, Rapidshare, and Picasa. It is open-source software.
- Concurrent downloading is possible via multiple servers.
- It has a smart clipboard monitoring feature.
- Proxy list can be used for downloading.
11. Download Accelerator Plus
This download manager also known as DAP, is a very secure tool. It is free to install and use. If you want fast downloading, then this is a great option.
- It offers video downloading for free.
- Provides the benefit of increasing iTunes music library.
- It allows you to convert the downloaded videos into MP3 music files.
- This download manager has an extensive mirroring server’s database.
It is an extension for the browser that helps in accelerating the downloading process. You can download all the links and images that are present on the website.
- It can integrate with Mozilla Firefox.
- Auto-renaming option is provided by Downthemall.
- Managing downloads becomes easy with a resume and pause option.
- Time-out intervals and number of simultaneous downloads can be customised.
13. GetGo Download Manager
This is a browser extension that can easily integrate with Firefox and Chrome. This can also work with web video downloaders.
- Beneficial in detecting and downloading web videos.
- It has a download scheduler.
- It supports multi-threading downloading.
This popular and powerful download manager not only integrates with the major browsers but also checks for viruses through scanning.
- It handles your downloads efficiently.
- Supports different protocols such as FTP, HTTP, BitTorrent, etc.
- You can play or pause downloads easily with the floating desktop button.
It is a full-featured download manager. It accelerates the speed of downloading through segmentation of files.
- Schedule the download as per your convenience.
- Manage the downloads through different filters such as type, folder and status.
- You can explore the entire web or FTP sites with this download manager.
We tried to include all the free and paid download managers that can be helpful for you. Though the list can be extensive it can give you a fair idea of which download manager is the best. You must go for the free ones over the paid ones if you find the features similar.
Choice of download manager must be based on your internet usage, downloading needs and selection of browser. If you are not willing to get a separate app for downloading, then we have added some Chrome extensions too.
They are easy to use and free to download.
So, install one of the above mentioned download manager for windows and enjoy an uninterrupted downloading experience.